Being a Democratic primary voter is a big responsibility. The people for whom we vote are responsible for helping set the priorities for our State and making sure Colorado stays a national leader on progressive change.
But making progressive change happen isn’t easy. We need someone who’s experienced, who can be effective in getting around Republican obstruction and in building coalitions to get things done.
And we need someone with proven, progressive principles. Someone who can stand up to the special interests. Someone who won’t say one thing, and then do something else behind closed doors.
In the race for Senate District 31, there’s someone who is just that kind of leader. I’m proud to endorse her: State Representative Lois Court.
- Lois and I worked together to find more than $100 million for our Denver Public Schools classrooms, helping teachers, parents and students thrive and succeed;
- Lois stood up to the gun lobby in 2013, to help put common-sense gun safety laws in place – she told the national special interest gun lobbyists to get out of Colorado;
- Lois is leading the fight for End-of-Life options, so Coloradans with terminal illnesses can make their own decisions about their care; and
- Lois is the only candidate in the Senate District 31 race who has never taken a single cent of special interest money – and she NEVER will.
That’s why I’m proud to call her my partner in leading Colorado forward, and I wholeheartedly endorse her candidacy.
When you sit down to fill out your Democratic primary ballot for Senate District 31, I strongly recommend you vote for Representative Lois Court.
Because with Lois Court, you’ll always know where she stands – she stands with you.
- Posted by Patrick Reynolds
- On June 22, 2016